ClassesEnglish is the international scientific and medical language and is a must-have skill in today’s global economy. While many professionals are comfortable reading in English in their area of expertise, the successful professional requires a higher level than can be attained from traditional English or even general medical English courses. Contact us to see what types of classes would work best for you!
Private classes(in person or online) All private classes are customized to the needs of each individual and are offered in person or online. Common goals typically include:
- Improved pronunciation
- Improved fluency in conversation
- Improved listening skills
- Improved writing skills
- Review of grammar and error correction in speech and writing
- Analysis of medical or scientific articles
- Discussion of current medical and scientific topics
- Preparation for conferences (e.g., presentations, interacting with other attendees, asking and answering questions)
- Exam (e.g., IELTS, TOEFL, or Cambridge) preparation
- Preparation for participation on international committees
- Presentation practice and slide preparation (ask us about a practice recording – an audio recording of your presentation read by us. A great practice tool!)
- Interview preparation
- And more…
Phone classesWe offer phone classes for individuals who want to improve their phone skills. The classes are either 25 or 50 minutes long. The classes are organized to practice listening, speaking, reading and writing. The subjects discussed during each class are selected based on the individual’s goals and may focus on their work and/or other areas of interest.
Group classesGroup classes (typically 5 to 8 people with a similar level of English) are available for individuals who would like to improve their English skills in an area of common interest. Sometimes these classes focus on exam preparation (e.g., IELTS, TOEFL or Cambridge) and other times we focus on other areas identified in a needs assessment when the group is formed (e.g., writing skills, medical vocabulary, doing presentations). If you have a group that would like to learn together, contact us and we’ll create a group program for you.
More about our exam preparation approach…
IELTS, TOEFL or Cambridge exams are frequently a requirement for medical and scientific professionals as part of their training or to obtain certification to work in English-speaking countries. We offer individual and group classes to prepare individuals for these exams. Preparation includes familiarization with the exam, study and exam tips, and review and practice in all skill areas. In addition to structured preparation, additional activities and exercises are recommended to improve performance. Individual feedback and advice are provided, and special attention is given to what is required to attain the desired level. Mini online speaking practice sessions (great to warm up from home close to your exam date) as well as writing review and feedback are provided.